Community Services

Tax Preparation Services

  • Mast Head Image 1

    Mast Head Image 1

    Get Started

  • Masthead Image 2

    Masthead Image 2
  • Masthead Image 3

    Masthead Image 3
  • Masthead Image 4

    Masthead Image 4

What is the Tax Prep Program?
Community Action’s Tax Prep program offers free tax preparation services to low-to moderate-income individuals and families in our community. Those individuals or households earning less than $62,000 per year may be eligible for tax prep services at no cost to them. The 2017 tax season at Community Action runs from January 30 – April 18, 2017.

For the 2017 tax season, filing your taxes has never been easier. Community Action is offering no lines, no waiting, drop off only services this year. Taxes will be prepared by appointment only by following these simple steps:

  1. Call Community Action at: 402-471-4515 and dial extension 102 to make an appointment. Appointments will last approximately 20 minutes. You will need to bring all of your tax paperwork with you to drop off at this time (see list below of required items).
  2. At your appointment you will be offered the opportunity to sign-up for a financial check-up, which is a credit review, and provides a credit improvement plan.
  3. Tax preparers will contact you when your paperwork is complete and ready to be submitted (approximately one week after drop off). You will come back in for an exit appointment to review and sign your return. If you opted for a financial check-up, a credit improvement plan will be shared at that time as well.

Community Action will start taking calls to schedule appointments beginning on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Call 402-471-4515 and dial extension 102 to make an appointment.

To have your taxes prepared please bring the following:


· Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters/Cards for EVERYONE who
will be included on the return

· Photo ID for ALL tax return signers
(BOTH spouses must sign if filing jointly)


· W-2s for wages, W-2Gs for gambling income, 1099s for interest,
dividends, unemployment, state tax refunds, pension or 401-K
distributions, and other income

· Records of revenue from self-employment or home-based businesses


· 1098s for mortgage interest, student loan interest (1098-E), or
  tuition (1098-T), statement of property tax paid

· Statement of student account showing all charges and payments
  for each college student on the return

· Childcare receipts, including name, tax ID, address for provider

· 1095s showing health insurance coverage

· Records of expenses for self-employment or home-based businesses

· Checking or Savings account information for direct deposit

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.